The Payroll Coordinator is primarily responsible monitoring the employee timekeeping system and ensuring that company policies and applicable government regulations are followed, implementing payroll processes, analyzing payroll activity and labor reports, preparing payroll related analytical reports, assisting with payroll system maintenance, reviewing payroll calculations and transactions, ensuring that tax withholding, benefits, levies and various other deductions are accurate and compliant with regulations, managing the company pay card program, and assisting management with various reports generation and analysis.
This position will report to the Controller.
- Develop and update timekeeping training manuals.
- Provide timely and clear training to employees related to timekeeping, mileage and general reimbursement procedures.
- Interpret company policies and applicable government regulations.
- Review and monitor employee timesheet input and approval, reimbursement and other special pay input to identify potential errors and/or delay. Notify employees and/or supervisors in a timely manner.
- Analyze all payroll batches and inputs to identify potential errors and exceptions, particularly special pays and coefficient overtime calculations to ensure completeness and accuracy of each payroll processing.
- Identify and ensure that all non-cash payments and/or taxable benefits to employees are properly recorded in the payroll records (i.e. gift cards, personal use of company vehicle, etc.)
- Review termed employee pay calculations, retroactive pay increases, and off cycle pay calculations to identify potential errors.
- Track and monitor employee payroll payments that require payback when agreed upon terms are not met.
- Analyze payroll and labor distribution reports and prepare analytical payroll, timekeeping and labor distribution reports as requested by management.
- Works closely with Human Resources and other finance team members to ensure deductions are set up correctly and reconciled to billing.
- Manage company pay card program.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding all payroll timekeeping, W-2 and other payroll related questions.
- Identify payroll system and set up issues, timely report to management, and work with vendors to resolve issues.
- Perform payroll system maintenance as directed by the Controller. Test and implement payroll system changes to ensure no post go-live accuracy issues.
- Maintain all garnishments, child support orders, tax levies records, and accurately set up levies in the payroll system in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Analyze and monitor the accuracy of Form 941 filing by the payroll vendor. Analyze and monitor the accuracy of W-2 reporting for all employees. Work closely with payroll vendor to ensure that all necessary edits to W-2’s are made before final processing occurs.
- Keep abreast of changes in local, state, and federal laws as they pertain to the payroll function.
- Communicate and process data with various other internal and external sources (third party sick pay, human resources, department managers, etc.)
- Conduct New Hire Orientation (NEO) to include training on payroll, timekeeping and mileage application.
- Primary back-up for the Payroll Processor.
- Special projects as assigned.